Duration: please inquire
Application deadline: until position is filled
Starting date: ASAP, published August 2023
We are currently recruiting a highly motivated postdoctoral research scientist in the team of Nanyang
Assistant Professor Guan Xue Li. Our group is interested in understanding the roles of microbial lipids in
human health and antimicrobial resistance. It is increasingly appreciated that microbial lipids play critical
functions in modulation of human metabolic and immune health, as well as infection outcome and treatment responses. We employ an integrated systems biology approach, including development and application of lipidomics, to study the complex repertoire of bacterial lipids and aim to identify lipid metabolic networks which can be modulated for treatment of infections.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, clinical and industry partners, as well as the from the wider lipidomics community, including through the microbial lipids interest group. This position will expose the candidate to state-of-the-art technologies for lipidomics/ metabolomics, other leading edge research facilities in LKCMedicine and NTU and access to clinical samples, including bacterial isolates from human patients.
1. PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related disciplines
2. At least 2 years of relevant experience, but recent graduates with the right aptitude will be
3. Experience in bioanalytical techniques and mass spectrometry-based lipidomics
4. Experience in bioinformatics and/or biostatistics for lipidomics data and pathway analysis
5. Deep understanding of lipid metabolism
6. Experience in microbiology is a plus
7. Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
8. Highly self-motivated and demonstrate independence with minimal supervision
9. Possesses excellent organizational and communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English
10. Proven track record with publications in international peer reviewed journals
11. Able to supervise students and staff, and work as a team
12. Able to work collaboratively, and to handle several concurrent fast-paced projects
1. Active participation in research on microbial lipids and antimicrobial resistance
2. Data computation, analyses and interpretations
3. Project management
4. Manuscript preparation and conference presentations
5. Involve in project applications and acquisition of funding
6. Supervision of students and staff
7. Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
8. Research administration and fulfilment of institutional requirements
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please write to Assistant Professor Guan Xue Li
(firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter, CV, list of publications, and names and contacts of
at least two references at your earliest convenience.
Only full application will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.