Duration: please inquire
Application deadline: until position is filled
Starting date: ASAP, published August 2023
Summary: We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant to join our Group. Bacteria can be a friend as
well as a foe to humans. The overarching goal of our research group is to understand the roles of
lipid metabolism in antimicrobial resistance and bacterial virulence in order to identify novel
diagnostics and therapeutics. The candidate will be involved in a project to understand how lipids
in Gram negative bacteria contributes to antimicrobial resistance. We will address this key
research question through the integration of systems biology approaches including next
generation lipidomics and transcriptomics with clinical microbiology. Successful candidates will
have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, clinical
and industry partners and will be given comprehensive on-the-job training. The candidate is
expected to participate in the Group’s basic and translational human health research. Other
duties include procurement and safety to support laboratory research needs.
Candidates should preferably have/be
1) A good BSc. or BTech-equivalent or higher in Lifesciences, Biology, or related fields.
2) Preferably at least 2 years of experience in a research laboratory, but recent graduates
with the right aptitude will be considered.
3) Relevant experience in microbiology techniques, with bacterial genetics being a plus.
4) Skills in biochemical and molecular based assays.
5) Ability to analyse and present experimental data.
6) Prepared to undertake research administration tasks, including procurement, maintain
laboratory SOPs, maintain instruments, etc.
7) Willingness to guide and train students and collaborators
8) A good sense of initiative and organization and ability to work in a team
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply to Asst Prof Xue Li Guan
(firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter, CV, list of publications (if applicable), half-
page summary of prior research conducted, and names of two references at your earliest
This position will be available with immediate effect.
Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.